blog*spot


Profile

Joelle aka Jiehui , landed on earth on sept 21st. *warning* , i have extremely sweet-tooth. hehheh , i love my gans ttvm ! (insert hearts). Ohyeasrhs , my iphone rocks to core

I can be friendly at times. But dun you are to go overboard or , I will be very sorry (;
Memories of the Past

+May 2005
+June 2005
+July 2005
+August 2005
+September 2005
+October 2005
+November 2005
+December 2005
+June 2006


my gramophone


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

tagbox codes here ! (:

Affiliates

AMY. JESSICA. SHUJUN. CHERYL. GWEN. YENG
Credits

layout: k-isstherain
banner&icon:reviviscent
Day6: Taipei- ChiangKai-Shek Memorial Hall and Ji1Long2
Thursday, May 26, 2005


Day6: Taipei- ChiangKai-Shek Memorial Hall and Ji1Long2 All of us woke up quite late that morning. Its was the 26th of May!!! While waiting for the rest to get ready, I scurried to the internet service room located at the same floor as our hotel room. I could hear my hearbeat thumping as I entered my password. Shortly, a pop-up window saying: Results not available. Please check later. We then left for brunch at Ding3 Tai4 Fong1. Jess and CP anticipated that the branch at Taiwan would taste better than the one at Paragon in Spore. Here’s some of the delicacies we had at Taiwan’s Ding3 Tai4 Fong1

True enough.. both of them remarked, yesh… the food was much better. The skin of xiaolongbao seemed thinner and softer. It was very crowded. The flow of customers never stop. Good business ya! We were happily gobbling our food when I sudden heard ‘Beep beep, Beep beep!’ I froze for a moment… I knew it must be a sms from David. Well, before we left for the trip, Jess and I entrusted Mr David to help us check and msg us our results. Thanz David! Shit… no matter how scared and reluctant I was, my hand cant keep the suspense anymore and started opening the msg. I could felt face was burning hot as I scrolled down the msg anxiously. Fiery blood seemed to gushed up my head, but I could not help it. Dunno if I’m slow or what, I then let out a cry: Shit results are out! Jess panicky searched for her handphone. Those jittery moment never subsided. My face was red hot and there’s no way that I could lull myself even when the news was relieving. Brunch was as nice as it should be. Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall was within walking distance. As the name of the memorial hall mentioned, it’s a huge place built to remember the hegemony of Chiang Kai-Shek, a right-hand man of Sun Yat Seng. As I was wearing slippers and berms, it was a pity that I wasn’t allowed to enter the hall. Sadly, I just wandered around the memorial hall, looking at those open-aired exhibition displayed at the exterior of the hall. A statue of Chiang Kai-Shek at the interior

A photo taken at the entrance of the hall

Exterior of the Memorial Hall, at the far left and right side were 2 buildings namely the Arts Centre and the Musical Centre.

We then proceed to Taipei Main Station via MRT and took the railway train to Ji1Long2. Ji1Long2 is just another town in Taiwan.. Nothing interesting about the place. Heard the seafood there is good, but we din try any. Went to one of the tourist attractions at Ji1Long2 called the He2Pin2Dao3 (Peaceful Island). We were told that the scenery on the island was amazing… but to our dismay, it turned out to be a very poorly maintained seaside. This may be the chief reason y it had lost its crowd over the years. Thrash were dumpped callously, spoiling the scenery… despite that, there is there entry fee. I felt that it was a waste of money. Not worth at all. After walking for 15-20 mins, jess bluddered: I dun feel like walking down the path anymore. I share the same The place was infested with weird insects and mosquitoes. Got a few nasty mosquitoes… Y the creator of earth create mosquitoes!! A portion of the seaside was covered with yellowish stones or hardened soil.

Here’s a better pic of the seaside.

Not long after, we left the place and took a bus back to the town of Ji1Long2. Did some shopping at ‘miao4 kou3 ye4 shi4’. We had our dinner settled there too. The whole streets were selling all kinds of food, ranging from sticky beancurb to crabs to mee.. A picture of the Miao4, situated in the ye4 shi4

I had this specially seasoned BBQ sweet corn with chilli. Its was kinda exp.. costed NT$80 for one. I had a nice huge sandwich… wonder wat was added that make the sandwich tasted so good, or izzit juz an illusion when hungry. Jess had gou1 tia1. We bought some fruits, jess had ‘jumpu’, it was big, juicy and sweet while I had some peaches. CP had a butter crab which cost NT$200 each.

The railway ticket

We took the railway train back to Tapei. As it is our last nite in Taiwan, we decided to do some last shopping. Me and Jess decided to go back to Ximending while CP went to shop at some other places. Jess and I realised that its coming to 9pm and shops will close at 11apm. We started darting from streets to streets and bought some gifts for our friends. Not long, we found ourselves lost, stranded at a junction. We wanted to eat mango ice from this particular dessert shop which we saw on the 1st nite at Ximending. We decided to be systematic and push our luck from one street to another. Alas! We finally found the shop- san1 xiong1di4 (3 brothers). We had mango-ice and strawberry-ice.. kinda exp for NT$80 each.

We gobbled those dessert and started to look for the shop where a ROXY collared tee caught my eye. We lost our sense of direction again..haha…Jess bought a pair of jeans and 1 bikini, with much persuasion from Jess, I oso got a bikini. I finally found my ROXY tee… happily paying for the tee thinking that it was the same price as the other ROXY tee until the salesgirl says, not enough… another NT$100 more.. WHAT!?! So costly! Nevertheless, I still bought it, I love the tee more than its price. It was our last day in Taiwan… Many thanz to CP for bringing us gals around esp when we had more luggage.



You are at myindifference.blogspot.com